Thursday, September 24, 2009

September, 2009

Raygan-Elise: Well, 16 months have come and gone. We went this past week for our 15 month old doctor check-up/shots (a little late). They weighed her fully dressed with shoes and wet diaper- :) oops - on a manual scale and she weighed 21 lbs. So, I weighed her on Shaun Leigh's great digital scale and she actually weighs 20 lbs. and is 30 inches long. Her doctor started her on Singulair to help allergies and is sending her for a speech/lang. eval. since she hasn't started saying the real word mama (she babbles a lot!!) or dada or any other words. She does babble- bububububu, babababa, bybybybyb, and mamamama. She also points. She understands the words- highchair, diaper, and shoes, and her new trick is to throw her diaper in the garbage! This month we bought her a new car seat and turned her facing forward. She now loves watching DVD's in the car! Daycare is getting better. She has even had 3 days where she didn't cry when I left. We love her new teacher-Mrs. Deborah! Mrs. Deborah calls her her little princess!! Too funny b/c she didn't know we call Raygan-Elise our princess baby! Deborah says Raygan-Elise doesn't really like other children touching her, being near her, bothering her etc. Some days Deborah says she tells the other toddlers-"Stay away from her, stay away from her..." She says our princess is getting much better, but does cry more than anyone else in the room. Boy, do we believe that!! Raygan-Elise tends to get upset and cry over everything! Deborah says that RE tends to like everyone else to help her or do it for her. She won't walk down hall unless someone is holding her hand, and she won't get herself out of her snack chair. She has also learned how to throw a great fit! She falls to her bottom, then flings backwards and over, and kicks her very little feet! She still loves to eat! And has 4 top middle teeth, 4 bottom middle teeth and all 4 molars! New this month is her love of scribbling. She will pick up pens, pencils and crayons and loves to "write". They have been doing this at daycare, and I can tell! We took her, John Aedon, and one of Anna's friend & child to see Elmo. She watch a little, fussed a little, got mad a little, and smiled a little! But John Aedon loved it!

Reese: 2nd grade is going great! He was very excited to "test" into the Spotlight program (Desoto County Gifted program). His Spotlight teacher said he is one smart little boy, and he had a high IQ. We are very proud of him. He is definitely an interesting child! During my 1st wk back at school, Hammie called me to tell me Reese had a question. His ?- can I wash my clothes in your bathroom?...in your sink. I decided to say yes thinking it would keep him occupied. He was so excited to tell me it worked and now he wanted to wash all his clothes in my bathroom because, "Momma, there is more than one way to wash clothes." Last night he gave me a 2 min. lesson on how to use saxon phonics to code a sentence. Then, he said, "I wrote you a sentence and left it on couch. I'll check it tom and see if you get it right!" This morning he said that I didn't do good! Brian and I have also been enjoying his weekly "story with holes" where we try to figure out the situation. We haven't gotten one right yet. Football is going good and keeps us very busy with 3 practices a week or 2 practices and 1 game. I think sometimes we have 4 but I'm not sure. Brian takes him to almost all of them! Reese loves it and has played more than we originally were told he would. He is on the Cowboys, and so far we have 1 win and 1 lose. He has gotten into his AW phase. When I ask him to do something, he says AW!! We are quickly trying to correct this habit! He has lost 2 bottom middle teeth and has his first loose top tooth! Should come out in the next month.

Of course I think my children are adorable and great, but now other people are noticing too! :) A friend was at the doctor's office and flipping through a OB magazine when she recognized 2 kids in an ad for Olive Branch Old Towne. Those kids were Reese and Raygan-Elise with Santa in Old Towne last Christmas! And then, I took them to JCPenny's to finally have some brother/sister pics done and they love one of the pics and wanted to use it as sample. So of course, I signed the release. When we went back to pick up our pics a few days ago, their picture was out on the display table! How Awesome! I'm such a proud momma! I'll download these pics soon and will be sending them out this weekend!

No comments: