Wednesday, May 27, 2009

BIRTHDAYS!!



















We survived our first year of having 2 birthday within one week! Yes, Reese is now 7 and Raygan-Elise is one!

This year Reese wanted a spend the night party. Together :) we decided on having a rockstar party. He invited 5 friends and 3 were able to come-- Robert, Aaron, and Bryant. I took them home after school on Friday and their parents picked them up at Mcdonald's on Saturday. Reese wanted a white oreo rockstar ice cream cake! I think we found him one he liked! :) We ordered pizza and he wanted to eat it right from the box. He picked out everything he wanted at Walmart for the party-- Mountain Dew and Root beer (as he put it -- the mostest caffeine and the 2nd mostest of all caffeine), popcorn, 2 huge bags of candy (so they could drink and eat sugar and stay up all night he said), and a pancake breakfast bar (syrup, whip cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles). We ate, open presents (2 friends gave him barakagons, 1 a gift card and we got him the DS with Zelda that he had wanted for a while), ate cake, and tie-dyed tshirts. They did stay up pretty late but when I went upstairs at 3:30 am they were asleep...well robert was awake. The next day we ate breakfast and got "rockstar ready" for McDonalds! It was a lot of fun and I think he really enjoyed it. Although he did tell me later that they ate the candy at the wrong time. Reese is excited about the summer and about going into 2nd grade. He still loves to draw and make things. Now he is creating a Zelda game that he has named, created big bosses for, etc that he is going to mail to the DS people so they can contact him about really creating it (or so he says). His new thing is to grunt when he is mad and I hate it! I take something away every time he does it and hope it stops soon!

On Raygan-Elise's real bday we went to eat at the Mexican restaurant and let her play in her 1st smash cake! She loved getting her hands on the cake and then clapped the icing all on the table and her hands!! The waiters sang happy birthday to her! This past Saturday, Raygan-Elise had her 1st birthday party- a pink and purple party. She really had a great time. We had it at our house and everything was pink and purple. She enjoyed her 2nd smash cake and playing with all her new toys. I was very sad to have this day come and go. She was great at the party...with her we are always nervous because you never know! But she played and took pics. She hated the hat that I took my time to make. She kept her bow on most of the time and wore her tutu until I took it off! She enjoyed opening presents and pulled out the tissue paper and smiled at each new toy. After the party, she fell asleep on my shoulder as I was changing the channel on the TV and she slept for 3 hours. She was exhausted!

Both birthdays were wonderful. I cannot believe this past year has already gone by! Our family is so special and I am blessed to be a part of it!!!

No comments: