Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life Without a computer = not many blog posts!

But I finally decided to do a small one from my iPad!

Big happenings:

Reese finished 3rd grade with all A's in every subject all year long!! He will be leaving Chickasaw and for the first time since we moved here will be going to a school that isn't a walk across my parking lot! : (. He went to his first major concert- Bon Jovi with me, Brian, and Anna in May!!! I think Anna and I only embarrassed him a little bit in our 80's outfits. He watches concerts a lot like his Daddy! Anna and I were up dancing the whole time, and Brian and Reese sat and watched the band and stage show...although I talked them into getting up on some of the "must dance" songs! He really enjoyed the concert though! He had a wonderful soccer season and was a top player on his soccer team, and then went on to play a great season of baseball, including many home runs!! The best one was his last game last week: 2 outs, last inning, runner on first, tied 8-8 and Reese went up to bat. 2 strikes. And swing...a home run to win the last game of the season!!!! Although his team struggled this year with a sweet coach who had never coached before and many players who had never played baseball before, He was nominated by his coach to try out for all stars and although he didn't make the team...we are so proud of his heart and effort!! He is hoping to play fall baseball and sit out this season of football.


Raygan-Elise started coming to my school after spring break and will be in my room next year. Also, while out shopping in March, I ran out of diapers and told her do not potty on pants...and she didn't!!!! Wow! And from then on she wore panties! She's had a few accidents but not many!! She was finally baptized in early May. It was a wonderful special day. When the priest walked over, she put her hand on her cheeks, elbows on the pew, and just stared at him....it was precious. Then, after the actual baptism, she would cry about every 5-10 min and say "I got wet!". She is such a big girl now- talks all the time, has learned words to all sorts of songs, still loves her hair bows, and her "fip fops" (flip flops). She also had her first dance recital, and I must say she rocked it!! She knew both her dances and did a great job on the stage!


Spring Break: we took a weekend trip with Anna, John Aedon, Amanda, me, Reese, and Raygan-Elise to pick up our new family member, Sally! She is a full-blooded 3 yr old yorkie. Raygan-Elise adores her and carries her everywhere!!!!

No comments: